Sunday, September 12, 2010

Newest Craze

My newest food craze lately: peanut butter soup.

Okay, sounds gross, I know, but if you google it, there's actually a number of recipes for this deliciously healthy, tummy filling goodness.

Mine is much simpler than those recipes, though. I just mix peanut butter (crunchy preferred) with hot water and chili paste (crushed chili sauce). It's a very simple version of Asian peanut sauce watered down. Fish sauce is a nice addition, but not necessary. To the broth I add veggies - broccoli and tomato are especially nice - and rice noodles or rice if I have it. This is so easy to make, I'm keeping peanut butter and chili paste at work so I can make a quick bowl of it when I've forgotten to pack a lunch. And for winter, what could be better than a soup with spicy hot broth?

No comments: