Sunday, January 22, 2006

Wind Chill = No Run

Too cold this morning to go running. I could barely even get myself out of bed, not because of the cold, no, exactly the opposite. The heat was left turned up last night, which makes my head feel like a bag of rocks when I wake up. Anyone who lives in warm weather who might read this is going to think I'm crazy, but we keep the house at 67 during the day, and 61 at night. Even during the day, one degree of difference either way and I can tell; I either feel too warm or too cold. And at night, I've got to have it cool or my poor brain feels like it's set on simmer all night. I would have thought this very strange, except I know my parents sleep with a window cracked open in their bedroom all winter long. If the window isn't left open, my mom says she can't sleep or wakes up feeling groggy. Is this some kind of genetic medical condition? Or just general psychosis...

It's 20 outside this morning, which isn't so bad I wouldn't run, except for the rocks in my head, which cold air does help sometimes. No, it's the wind chill making it actually 8 degrees out that made me say, "Screw it. I'm staying in this morning." Not to mention that by noon it's supposed to be 38 degrees. Given the option, since it is a Sunday, no school, and no football until 3:30, I'm going to hold out for a noon run. The dog will just have to be happy to quack his duck around the house until then.

No comments: