Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Graffiti Me

I love street graffiti. Well, I love most anywhere you can find graffiti, bathrooms, hallway walls, table tops... I'm not talking gang sign graffiti, although that has its place and merits in terms of art and culture. What I appreciate are cool images in unlikely places, subtle graffiti, symbolic, or poetic graffiti that gets the viewers to think. Nothing is cooler than cities who encourage and allow sidewalk art in the summer months. It doesn't have the same appeal of unlawfulness as unsanctioned graffiti has, but it does allow a unique canvas and the time for artists to develop a whole different kind of art. Either way, I'm a fan, and snap it up when I can. Here's a few I caught last time I was in Traverse City. Some of these will definitely be going up on my office door!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hey, that's some pretty cool stuff!